Eliminating known allergens and foods that may cause an inflammatory reaction in those with IBD can be a helpful step on the path to healing. This nutrient rich vegetable soup is hearty, filling and gentle on the digestive system.
You can mix and match the vegetables to create a soup you can eat.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F)
- Add the chopped vegetables to a large bowl and coat them in the olive oil. Spread them out over a large baking tray (or two is necessary) so that they in a single layer
- Add the bay, thyme and rosemary in amongst the vegetables
- Roast for around 50 minutes, unless they are soft. You should turn the vegetables a few times during cooking
- Take out from the oven and remove the herbs. Transfer the vegetables to a large saucepan
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Blend the vegetables using a food processor or blender until smooth
- Reheat the soup before serving
If you have any left over you can freeze it in individual portions