Contact Dr. Taitt directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jocelyn strives to provide compassionate and effective care for individuals of all ages and from all walks of life. She loves to empower and inspire people to be the healthiest versions of themselves, by guiding and educating them to make positive changes, thereby allowing their innate healing processes to prevail. She values the healing potential of the doctor-patient interaction itself as one of the most powerful tools in medicine. As such, Dr. Jocelyn provides a caring, supportive, non-judgmental and easy-going presence in which patients are encouraged to explore their own mind-body connection and unique path to healing.
Individualised medicine with options that feel right.
Dr. Jocelyn recognizes that each person’s health goals and experience of health imbalances are unique, and therefore works with patients to come to decisions about their healthcare that suit their individual needs and values.
It’s important that a therapeutic relationship feels right, so Dr. Jocelyn welcomes you to book a complimentary 15-minute discovery session in which you will learn about her approach, get a sense of her, and see if she is the right fit for your needs. If she is, you can start working together on your wellness goals, and if not, Dr. Jocelyn will help to direct you toward someone who may better suit your needs.
Dr. Jocelyn offers a broad variety of modalities to help her patients thrive:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Herbal Medicine
- Lifestyle counselling
- for acute and chronic/constitutional concerns, fertility, perinatal care (including labour preparation), women’s health concerns.
- Cupping therapy
- benefits the muscles and fascia, detoxification and cellulite
- acute and constitutional remedies, and bio-therapeutic drainage
- Physical medicine
- spinal assessment and manipulation, soft tissue release
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- A coping tool to help when emotionally charged or in physical pain. Helps with stress-management, and shifting limiting beliefs and behaviours/habits, including smoking cessation.
- Bowen Therapy – a gentle hands-on therapy that works with the muscles, fascia and nervous system to relieve pain, address musculoskeletal concerns, and relieve emotional tension. Guides the nervous system into a restful state that can enhance healing on all levels.
- Reiki – a deeply relaxing form of energy healing that can be done either in-office or long-distance. Reiki can benefit and enhance all aspects of healing – physical, emotional, spiritual.
Tools and investigations:
- Physical exams
- Laboratory testing
- Food sensitivity testing
- Orthopaedic testing
Dr. Jocelyn has a well-rounded family medicine practice, with a clinical focus in:
- Immune system: allergies, food sensitivities, colds and flus, urinary tract infections, asthma, shingles, seasonal immune support.
- Women’s health: PMS, menstrual concerns, PCOS, endometriosis, menopause, pre-conception optimization, pregnancy support, cervical cancer screening.
- Digestive concerns: IBS, GERD (reflux), diarrhea, constipation, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, SIBO, gallbladder and liver concerns.
- Hormones/endocrine system: diabetes, thyroid support, adrenal fatigue (insufficiency), female and male hormone balance
- Mental health: adjunctive support for depression, anxiety disorders, PTSD, addictions, stress, shifting habits (e.g. smoking cessation)
- Auto-immune and Rheumatic: ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), auto-immune hepatitis, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia.
- Cardiovascular: congestive heart failure, angina, arrhythmias, blood pressure, impaired peripheral circulation, cholesterol.
- Paediatric: colds/flus/infections, digestive concerns, failure to thrive, ADHD, autism, ear infections (otitis media), nutrition.
- General health: fatigue, brain fog, insomnia / sleep difficulties, weight concerns, detoxification/cleansing, disease risk reduction, smoking cessation.
- Healthy aging, preventive medicine, arthritis
- Skin: acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis
Education, Background and Passions
Dr. Jocelyn was raised in Cordova Bay, Victoria. She completed her B.A. in medical anthropology and archaeology at McGill University, during which time she enjoyed gaining adventurous archaeological experience on Easter Island. She considered pursuing graduate studies in palaeopathology, but realised that while the people of the past were very interesting, she was ultimately called to work with the living! A passion for health, a desire to be of service to others, and her own journey of personal wellness lead Dr. Jocelyn to naturopathic medicine. The broad scope of naturopathic medicine appealed to Dr. Jocelyn, as it embraces the best of Western medicine and “alternative” modalities, considers the person as a whole, allows the doctor to be a detective in the thorough search for the root cause of imbalances, and provides time for patients to be fully heard.
Dr. Jocelyn completed her premedical studies at UVic, and completed the 4-year Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine program at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM). During her student clinical rotations, Dr. Jocelyn enjoyed the opportunity to work with patients of all walks of life, including: low-income families with children, HIV+ individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, palliative care patients, and the Katzie First Nation.
Dr. Jocelyn is also a Reiki Master with 15 years of experience. She enjoys how Reiki can bring people into a healing state of deep relaxation, and make healing energy available to the recipient, whose own consciousness directs it to be used for their highest good.
When she is not doctoring, Dr. Jocelyn enjoys spending time with family, growing vegetables and herbs, long-distance walking, hiking, kayaking, Qi-Gong, Kundalini and Kriya yoga, classical singing, volunteering, and ever deepening self and spiritual exploration. She is delighted to have returned to her roots on the Island and to be serving the people of Victoria!
Click the link below to book an appointment online with Dr. Taitt: