Contact Dr. Jessica Moore directly at email@example.com
Book an appointment with Dr. Jessica Moore at drjessicamoore.janeapp.com
Learn more about Dr. Moore at: Drjessicamoore.com
Dr. Jessica Moore is registered with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia. She is one of Canada’s only hospital and residency-trained naturopathic physicians and has experience working in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings. She completed a highly competitive hospital-based 2-year residency at the Southwestern Regional Medical Center of Cancer Treatment Centers of America, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. During that time, she collaborated with surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists and other specialists, to support thousands of patients through the treatment of their cancer or chronic illness and post-treatment to improve recovery and restore health. Now in private practice, she maintains a focus in cancer care and chronic disease.
Through her career, she has worked with a wide range of cancer types and stages and is well-versed in the language and protocols of conventional cancer therapies such as chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, biologic therapies, immunotherapy and others. She offers guidance in safe and evidence-informed natural medicine solutions from disease prevention, through treatment and survivorship. She frequently works with the caregivers of patients who have been affected by cancer or chronic illness to support vitality, resilience and individual healthcare goals.
*Dr. Moore has also completed a fellowship in naturopathic and integrative cancer care and in the United States she is recognized as a Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO). While this fellowship is not currently recognized in British Columbia, Dr. Moore continues to maintain her FABNO designation and training.
” I believe a person’s medical care should be as unique as the person receiving that care.”
-Dr. Jessica Moore-
Integrative and naturopathic cancer care with Dr. Moore may include:
- reducing side effects from conventional oncotherapy
- pre and post-surgical support
- strengthening immune health
- optimizing diet
- metabolic balancing (appropriate weight gain and weight loss)
- supporting gastrointestinal health
- improving quality of life issues such as sleep, energy, mental clarity or mood, sexual wellness
- the use of proactive natural therapies to aid in the fight against cancer,
- recurrence risk reduction after a cancer diagnosis or treatment and
- reclaiming health and wellness after conventional therapy
Dr. Moore utilizes evidence-informed natural therapies as well as advanced laboratory testing to monitor efficacy of treatment. Depending on a patient’s individual clinical needs, personal health goals, preferences, and comfort level, Dr. Moore’s treatment may include: diet, lifestyle discussion, botanical/herbal medicine, injection or IV therapy, acupuncture or other treatment approaches. Dr. Moore assesses compatibility between a patient’s natural therapies, conventional treatment, current medications, health issues and past medical history. She is pleased to work integratively and collaboratively with you and any of your other medical providers.
Dr. Moore offers general medicine consultations, acupuncture and IV therapies. Common conditions seen are: allergies, asthma, fatigue, weight management, anxiety and depression, arthritis, chronic pain, heart disease, IBS, IBD, women’s health, menopause, sleep issues & kidney disease.
Dr. Moore maintains that rebalancing and realigning the body into a position of health, from any state of disease, is also a form of cancer prevention.
Medical License and Certifications
- Registered with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Prescribing Authority Certification
- IV therapy Certification
- Acupuncture Certification
- Bachelor of Kinesiology from the University of Calgary
- Naturopathic Medical Degree from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Phoenix, AZ
- Graduate of a 2-year cancer-based and hospital-based residency from Bastyr University at the Southwestern Regional Medical Center of Cancer Treatment Centers of America, in Tulsa OK
- Advanced IV therapy training via the International IV Nutritional Therapy Global Physician Education program.
- Member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the British Columbia Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the Oklahoma Association of Naturopathic Doctors
Dr. Moore is an adjunct clinical faculty member at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and supervises naturopathic interns during their clinical training. She is an avid speaker and a published author of several peer reviewed articles.
In her free time Dr. Moore enjoys hiking, dancing, weight training, cooking, travel, music and spending time with her family, friends and colleagues. She maintains an active regular meditation practice and enjoys spending time in nature.